Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fleet colour scheme???

+11
JediMasterMan
Cylas
LaFitte
Morcar Dai
cipher_nemo
Hect
Damarai
pvaddi2
Vox Vorcain
Tiberius Worthing
ArnDog
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fleet colour scheme??? Empty Fleet colour scheme???

Post  ArnDog Thu 26 Nov - 19:53:20

Fleet colour scheme???
ArnDog Today at 23:48:12

.Hi Guys, A big part of Cryptic games as you all know is customisation. As far as I can see and have discovered our ships will be amongst other things colour customisable. As such what would everyone think to have a standard colour scheme for our ships? I think this would make it far easier to spot members of the fleet as well as for the flag officers to distinguish fleet members in PVP. Another idea I have had is even if we do not have a colour scheme that is in use all the time have one which is used for group and PVP only. I am sure we will have the ability to switch between hull paints for free; much in the same way you can change outfits in Champions? If you guys think this could be a good idea then i propose we all suggest some colour schemes and then vote on the top couple maybe? Just an idea

P.S if you think its a silly idea give me a slap lol!

Last edited by ArnDog on Thu 26 Nov - 21:16:25; edited 1 time in total
ArnDog
ArnDog
Commander
Commander

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Back to top Go down

Fleet colour scheme??? Empty Re: Fleet colour scheme???

Post  Tiberius Worthing Thu 26 Nov - 20:29:23

I think it is a great idea. But with this caveat: that each wing and squad will have its own unique addition to the fleet standard. For instance: reg colors are red and gold, Saber Wing Squad Beta could have an extra streak of gold for its insignia.
Tiberius Worthing
Tiberius Worthing
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  ArnDog Thu 26 Nov - 20:32:04

Good idea Tiberius. That would give each squad its own individuality whilst keeping the fleet universal. + I was thinking red and something as obviously were RED SQUADRON lol and gold would be a good companion for it.
ArnDog
ArnDog
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Vox Vorcain Thu 26 Nov - 20:38:35

Nice and great work too both of you good ideas coming. but yea we will have to have some kind of colors picked+ the cryptic team has said in the fleet you can have diffrent uniforms depending on rank witch we might be able to brake up into wings and squads.

but yes this is something i think all members should talk abought so we can all be happy with how we look as being RS members! Smile

and again GREAT IDEAS....

Admiral Vox
Vox Vorcain
Vox Vorcain
Admiral
Admiral

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  ArnDog Thu 26 Nov - 20:53:02

Thanks Vox.

I really like the idea of having different uniforms for each rank which is fleet specific. Not only would this look very professional to new fleet members but also give a since of achievement to any member who achieves that rank. I wonder if there will be a kind of academy uniform for new comers etc?

As far as the fleet colours goes I would be great if everyone could put their idea down as suggested. Also once the fleet structure is finalised we can work out just how many colour schemes and patterns we will need at the start of the game Very Happy
ArnDog
ArnDog
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Vox Vorcain Thu 26 Nov - 21:05:55

yea very true. the rookie uniform i dont know if they will have but would be very nice.and colors for me i would think RED with Gold as second color but also we dont know how the color patern would be broke up on the uniform. we could also use a 3rd color in a small part to let all know im part of this wing or this squad.
Vox Vorcain
Vox Vorcain
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiberius Worthing Fri 27 Nov - 18:50:03

For rookies, hmm...I'm thinking gray uniform with striped red and gold piping, along the lines of the 2150's flag officer uniform. for full members, the modern uniform with striped red and gold cuffs, belt, or piping on the pants.
Tiberius Worthing
Tiberius Worthing
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  pvaddi2 Sun 29 Nov - 20:36:54

Depending on how customization works out after release, it would be nice to have a single unifying emblem regardless of rank, just to pick each other out. As red and gold are an awesome color combination (Very Happy) I'm sure there will be copycats. I like the idea of separate color for recruits; that will definitely help in IDing if one needs help.
pvaddi2
pvaddi2
Commander
Commander

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Damarai Sun 29 Nov - 21:14:04

Why not red and gold and jumpsuits for recuits and red/gold banding with another colour for the rest of the fleet? Similar to how ST has done it in the past
Damarai
Damarai
Commander
Commander

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Hect Sun 29 Nov - 22:01:45

pvaddi2 wrote:Depending on how customization works out after release, it would be nice to have a single unifying emblem regardless of rank, just to pick each other out. As red and gold are an awesome color combination (Very Happy) I'm sure there will be copycats. I like the idea of separate color for recruits; that will definitely help in IDing if one needs help.

I really like the ideas of having the uniform ranks, along with the colors for the ships. But I do agree with pvaddi2 about having some sort of emblem.
Hect
Hect
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiberius Worthing Sun 29 Nov - 22:18:51

All in favor of having separate Fleet Emblem and uniform ranks, please raise your right hands.
*raises hand*
Tiberius Worthing
Tiberius Worthing
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Hect Mon 30 Nov - 9:35:13

*raise hand*
Hect
Hect
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post  ArnDog Mon 30 Nov - 9:41:14

Whats up Hect? you raised your hand Very Happy
ArnDog
ArnDog
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  ArnDog Mon 30 Nov - 9:44:08

From what I gather and know of other MMO I would be surprised if we could have our own fleet logo on our ships and uniforms etc. Knowing Cryptic love of customisation. I do agree it would be great idea but we will most probably have to wait until launch to see what we can create Smile
ArnDog
ArnDog
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Vox Vorcain Mon 30 Nov - 14:19:36

admiral *raise hand* whats the ? Smile............................ Shocked

yea im all for a fleet sig for are ships!
Vox Vorcain
Vox Vorcain
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  cipher_nemo Mon 30 Nov - 14:58:56

ArnDog wrote:From what I gather and know of other MMO I would be surprised if we could have our own fleet logo on our ships and uniforms etc. Knowing Cryptic love of customisation. I do agree it would be great idea but we will most probably have to wait until launch to see what we can create Smile
Vox Vorcain wrote:admiral *raise hand* whats the ? Smile............................ Shocked

yea im all for a fleet sig for are ships!

In STO they will have logos/badges (think virtual stickers) for your ships. Right now they're most likely limited to the Starfleet logos, etc., but in the future, who knows? They might open that up to customization since one of the devs is very much interested in this. Wink
cipher_nemo
cipher_nemo
Commodore
Commodore

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2009-07-31

http://2geek.org

Back to top Go down

Post  ArnDog Mon 30 Nov - 18:11:05

lol
ArnDog
ArnDog
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  ArnDog Sat 5 Dec - 17:33:27

After further investigation and information gleaned from the forums it would appear that from what I know there will only be the ability to change two ship colours other than that of you overall hull. Therefore wing colours probably wont work very well. However this leave us with a very easy and clear conclusion. All we need do now is decide on the two colours we defiantly want for the fleet and in which format. E.g from previous gaming knowledge these are normally a main colour and a trim colour.
ArnDog
ArnDog
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cipher_nemo Sat 5 Dec - 20:35:41

ArnDog wrote:After further investigation and information gleaned from the forums it would appear that from what I know there will only be the ability to change two ship colours other than that of you overall hull. Therefore wing colours probably wont work very well. However this leave us with a very easy and clear conclusion. All we need do now is decide on the two colours we defiantly want for the fleet and in which format. E.g from previous gaming knowledge these are normally a main colour and a trim colour.

There is a whole screen of UI controls and multiple tabs to customize your ship in STO. So yes, plenty of customization. Smile Not nearly as much as character customization, but a very good selection of things.
cipher_nemo
cipher_nemo
Commodore
Commodore

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2009-07-31

http://2geek.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiberius Worthing Sun 6 Dec - 13:31:18

red for main, gold for trim. how does that sound?
Tiberius Worthing
Tiberius Worthing
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Morcar Dai Mon 7 Dec - 19:38:26

From what I have read, the colour scheme pertains to uniforming. Are we going to be taking the extra step and giving our ships the colours of the fleet also..? If we can I think it would be a good idea, as we will be in ships more then in avcom.
Morcar Dai
Morcar Dai
LT Commander
LT Commander

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  ArnDog Mon 7 Dec - 19:40:22

Hey Morcar. Ya the colour options do also refer to the ships. We have not yet discussed actually colour coding our uniforms. I think uniforms are very personal to the player but yes were discussing here the colour options for our ships Very Happy
ArnDog
ArnDog
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Morcar Dai Mon 7 Dec - 20:16:05

Thought it was a uniform issue sorry about the misunderstanding. As for uniforms I do believe they should be as similar as possible. We are a Quasi military unit
Morcar Dai
Morcar Dai
LT Commander
LT Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  ArnDog Mon 7 Dec - 20:17:18

Ya i hadnt actually thought about the uniforms Very Happy i wondering if you will be able to have more than one unfirm such the same as in CO. in which case we could switch when undertaking fleet actions etc.
ArnDog
ArnDog
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Morcar Dai Mon 7 Dec - 20:21:54

I would imagine you will be able to swich uniforms

they have the classic, TNG, alt universe, and the new STO uniforms available. Perhaps different units within the fleet can have differ uniform typres or particular ones for command etc
Morcar Dai
Morcar Dai
LT Commander
LT Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next